Welcome to Sorted
If you’re under 20 and you live in Portsmouth then welcome to www.areyousorted.co.uk, the only site that lists health services for young people in the city.
Sorted? is a health information and advice service specifically designed for young people.
Wherever you see the Sorted? logo you know that a service or venue will welcome you, and if you see the Sorted? logo on a badge or clothing of a member of staff then you know they work with young people.
Find us on Facebook
Tips for teens
• Call or text your parents when you arrive at your destination
• Have a plan – mobile, money, taxi, time to be home.
• Arrange for someone to walk you home
• If in trouble call home, a friend, the Police
• Harm reduction: Eat before going out. Have a non-alcoholic drink inbetween (drink spacers). Be aware of associated risks (violence, STIs, vulnerability and pregnancy) Look around you, most teens aren’t drinking alcohol.
• Research shows that 71% of young people 12-20 haven’t had a drink in the past month.
• Unprotected sex – USE Emergency Hormonal Contraceptive (EHC) as soon as you can. It’s FREE at most pharmacists (known as the morning after pill, but can be used up to 72 hours after sex)
• Unprotected sex – Make an appointment at Sexual Health Services at St. Mary’s Hospital (formerly the Ella Gordon Unit) for a full sexual health screening
If you have any concerns about Sexual Health, contact:
Sexual Health Services
(formerly the Ella Gordon Unit), St Mary’s Hospital Campus tel:0300 300 2016