Welcome to Sorted
If you’re under 20 and you live in Portsmouth then welcome to are you sorted, the only site that lists health services for young people in the city.
Sorted? means a health service is specifically designed for young people, or if it sees everyone, that young people are especially welcome.
Wherever you see this logo you know that a service or venue will welcome you, and if you see the Sorted? logo on a member of staff then you know they work with young people.
Tips for teens
• Call or text your parents when you arrive at your destination
• Have a plan – mobile, money, taxi, time to be home.
• Arrange for someone to walk you home
• If in trouble call home, friend, police
• Harm reduction: Eat before going out, Have a non-alcoholic drink in between (drink spacers) Be aware of associated risks (violence, STIs, vulnerability and pregnancy) Look around you, most teens aren’t drinking alcohol.
• Research shows that 71% of young people 12-20 haven’t had a drink in the past month.
• Unprotected sex – USE Emergency Hormonal Contraceptive (EHC) as soon as you can it’s FREE at most pharmacists (known as the morning after pill but can be used up to 72 hours after sex)
• Unprotected sex – Make an appointment at the Sexual Health Services (formerly the Ella Gordon Unit) for a full sexual health screening
If you have any concerns about Sexual Health, contact:
Sexual Health Services
(Formerly the Ella Gordon Unit), St Mary’s Hospital Campus tel:023 9268 0322