are you sorted with a GP?
The new ‘walk-in’ GP practice in Guildhall Walk is offering open access provision every day.
the centre is open from 8am – 8pm 7 days a week
*no appointment needed!
We also have 12 GP practices across the City who are committed to being young people friendly.
They are currently undertaking some training and looking at how they could improve the service they deliver for young people.
They believe that a Sorted Practice looks like this:
A Sorted Practice
- One that ‘feels’ welcoming, has clear information about all the issues that young people may face: e.g. teenage depression, drugs suicide, self-harm, alcohol, sex and relationships, emergency contraception.
- One that says clearly that everything I talk about will be confidential at all times.
- One that has ‘receptionists’ who smile and look happy to speak to me and when I speak to them they understand what I want without asking too many questions.
- One that will see under 16’s without a parent and not make a big fuss about it.
- One that has services for young people well publicised, possibly a young persons’ clinic on site or near.
- One that has magazines that are young people friendly.
- One that will let me see the same doctor or nurse more often than not, each time I visit.
As soon as young people have confirmed that they are young people friendly we will list them on this site.
They will also display this logo:
So keep watching this space!